Dean Faculty of Dairy Science
Y. Kotilinga Reddy
+91 9985823127 email@example.com
Qualification : M.V.Sc., Ph.D.
|Name in full(in block letters) :||Y. KOTILINGA REDDY
Professor and Associate Dean,
College of Dairy Technology,
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University,
TIRUPATI-517 502, A.P
|Email Id :||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone no :||91-9985823127|
|Permanent Home Address :||H No: 7-24,
TIRUPATI - 517507, AP.
|a) Date of birth :||24-09-1959|
|b) Place of birth :||Ramireddy palem, Komarolu mandal Prakasam District.|
B.V.Sc , M.V.Sc(Dairy Technology) and Phd Dairy Science.
Contributions and Achievements:
- 34 years of Teaching service
- Guided 11 PG and Ph.D Students
- Published Research Publications:37
- Review articles:5
- Published Popular Articles:20
- Books written : Milk and Milk Products: A Profitable Business for Rural and Urban Unemployed Youth in English
- Books in Telugu “Pala tho 80 Rakamula Pala Patharthamulu” and ” Pala vyaparamulo viluva adharitha pala padarthamula pramukytha”
- Working as Associate Dean, College of Dairy Technology, Tirupati
- Worked as University Head, Department of Dairy Technology From 2008 to 2017
- Worked as Warden, Additional Warden, N.S.S Program officer , O/C for Student Activities, Officer in-charge Academic Matters (UG) and O/C for Placement Cell
- Founder for Income Generation Unit and deposited so far Rs.69 lakhs thro sale of milk products for the university
- Founder for establishment of “ Milk Products Training Center for the Dairy Entrepreneurs”
- Founder for “Technical Consultation Cell”
- Founder for the “Earn While You Learn Dairy Products Project”
- Nominated as Expert on the panel of Selection committee as well other committees of the University
- Co-Principle Investigator for the Project “Development of gas operated cold Storages for preservation of animal and fish products”
- Given 14 Radio Talks, 15 TV Programs and conducted several Training programs for the benefit of farmers
- Conducted every year Dairy foods Mela, World and National Milk Days
- University Meritorious Teacher Award for the Year 2003
- State Best Teacher Award for the Year 2012
- Award of Fellow of National Academy of Dairy Science India for the Year 2014
- Special Jury Award For Excellence In Extension for the Year 2014 In my 32 years of service top priority given for extension along with teaching and research as I was born in agricultural family containing milch animals. I know the expectations of farmers regarding milk production and earnings from milk. For the welfare of the farming society being Veterinarian and Dairy Technologist I took active interest in establishment of small scale rural milk units as well indigenous milk products units for the unemployed youth, women and the farmers in utilizing the surplus milk during the flush season. Mere teaching in not complete, (Teaching by Doing) based on this concept for a complete practical demonstration including the profit and loss calculations for Dairy Business Entrepreneurs of A.P, I have established a Model Dairy Plant called “Income Generation unit” in the year 2001 by the call of Chief Minister Sri. Nara Chandrababu Naidu garu and made self sufficient in running the Department. So far this unit generated Rs.31.77 lakhs for the university. There are 16 varieties of milk and milk products were prepared every day and sold on highway university stall. This “Milk Products preparation and Training Unit” is generating employment opportunities to the youth locally and acting as training center for the unemployed youth in establishment of small scale milk products units throughout the state.
As a leading extension worker I have given 12 Radio Talks and 14 TV Talks in the field of Dairy Science especially Dairy Technology related to dairy farmers and conducted both field and laboratory training programs for farmers, rural women and unemployed youth regarding “Value Addition of Dairy Products” both production and marketing aspects as well as “Utilization Surplus Milk” for upliftment economically weaker sections in the society.
It was privilege for me, I have given opportunity to train1500 SHG women of MEPMA of 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh about “Dairy Business for women” one day training program every week during the year 2015-16. A pocketful of success stories of trainers were observed in establishment of Dairy Units in various parts of A.P.
Very recently in my leadership a Dairy Stall has been installed at MEGA Agri-Fest-2016 conducted at Guntur and much appreciation has received from honorable Agricultural Minister Sri. Pattipati Pulla Rao garu.
I was actively participated in various committees of Farmer problems in rate fixation for milk nominated by the district authorities. I was also invited as technical advisor for various dairies in resolving the problems arise during the operations. I have established a Referral lab for testing packaging materials for TTD and others.
For the welfare of unemployed youth in rural and urban areas to provide employment opportunities as well for progressive Dairy entrepreneurs books were written by me are as follows:
- Milk and Milk Products: A Profitable Business for Rural and Urban Unemployed Youth, Published in the year November 2014 - English
- “Pala tho 80 Rakamula Pala Patharthamulu”- Telugu the most popular and more than 1000 copies were sold so far and
- Pala vyaparamulo viluva adharitha pala padarthamula pramukytha” printed in Telugu during August 2014.
Further to bring awareness among the consumers for effective health supporting as well efficient marketing of milk and milk products to bring support to the dairy farmers for the produce a MEGA- MELAS were conducted viz.
- World Milk Day Celebrations-2016: Organized one day program and conducted Camp on “Free distribution of Butter milk and Whey Drink” and brought awareness among the public in consumption of milk and milk products on 01st June 2016. “Dairy equipment Exhibition” was conducted.
- Dairy Foods Festival-2015: Organized Dairy Foods Festival-2015 At main gate and Exhibited 80 types of milk products and 20 Fruit based products in” Dairy Products Exhibition” for two days i.e on 9th and 10th December 2015
- World Milk Day Celebrations-2015: Organized one day program “Competition on Preparation of Innovative Dairy Products for Women” on 01st June 2015 Prizes were presented to the winners. “Dairy equipment Exhibition” was conducted.
- Dairy Foods Festival-2014: Organized Dairy Foods Festival-2014 At main gate and Exhibited 80 types of milk products in” Dairy Products Exhibition” for two days i.e on 14th and 15th November 2014
As Head I was initiative for establishment of Earn While You Learn Dairy Products Project of DT students and founder for the Hands on Training and Experiential Training for training the final year student and made them good Dairy entrepreneurs. As Academic council Member of SVVU actively participated in all discussions related Teaching, Research and Extension activities for the development of the University. I was member for various committees constituted by the authorities.
As NSS Program Officer for 9 terms so far and actively involved in all types’ service oriented programs by conducting regular and special camps where in Training programs conducted for the women for Home made dairy products for the benefit of their families. My experience in conducting rallies like Anti-Ragging Rally, Rally for Encouraging Mentally Disabled people and Rally for Tree plantations in the society are highly appreciable.
In recognition of all my efforts Government of Andhra Pradesh awarded state best Teacher Award for the year 2012, Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University awarded Meritorious Teacher Award for the year 2003, Award of Fellow of National Academy of Dairy Science India for the year 2014 has been awarded by National Academy of Dairy Science India (NADSI), National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal on 25th May 2014 and Special Jury Award for Excellence in Extension for the year 2014 has been awarded in recognition of social development through Extension at Bangalore by South India Regional Committee, All India Council for Mass Education and Development (Kolkata).
Based on the above abilities and vast experience if an opportunity given for me my services in increasing the image of this University will be at high stake by encouraging the all possibilities in establishment of income generation units in all possible departments and appropriate steps will be taken to focus our research findings made available to the public by conducting Melas, Exhibitions and other public related programs either by conventions, Rallies or by any type of mobile extension activity for bring awareness among the people of state.
Certified that the above particulars are correct